Sunday, November 25, 2018

Asia cont.

Well, my children and grandchildren have departed. We sure enjoyed them being here...and the house is a little too quiet this morning, but it does give me time to post a few more pictures.
I really felt like I was in Beijing when we arrived at Tiananmen Square. The barricades were still up from an early morning military event...and the square was still pretty empty.
I didn't realize that the Forbidden City was right next door to the square. Our guide told us about the last Emperor PuYi. He became emperor at a mere three years old...and had a most unusual life....Forced to abdicate the throne at a young age, imprisoned for a time in Siberia, and eventually  becoming (as a prisoner) a gardener. You can read more about him HERE
You certainly felt a military presence in the whole area
We did find the crowds in the Forbidden City. Here and there groups wore coordinated clothing to help stay together. We did momentarily lose a lady...but her panicked husband was able to find her.
I wasn't shy about asking if I could photographic people,
but on occasion I did sneak a shot.
 I did always ask permission before photographing a child.
Next up the Summer Palace

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    That was a huge crowd at the Forbidden City and how scary to have lost temporarily a lady of your group... So glad that her husband spotted her.
    Pieter also took special photos of colorfully dressed cute kids.
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2016/03/part-v-of-husband-pieters-trip-to-east.html
    The military in China seems to be important and ever present.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it's not likely I'll ever visit there, Janey. Excellent captures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing you were there, I only know the forbidden city from that movie, the last emperor. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete