Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Happy Holidays!

I couldn't let the day go by without wishing you, my blogging friends, the Happiest of Holidays!

I have been busy scurrying  around getting ready for my family to arrive this afternoon...thirty four of them at last count! Too many people for a sit down dinner, so we are just having what they call heavy hor d' oeuvres and desserts. My smokey beef cheese ring above.Three peppercorn pork tenderloins are in the oven to be sliced and served on dinner rolls....and my sister's are all bringing a dish.
On the dessert table.. my three layer spice cake with butter cream icing. Although I am not happy that it turned out looking more like a snowball....
and of course some holiday cheer will be served.
Where ever you are I hope you are happy and healthy and as we say
at our house:
A Very Merry Christmas to All!

6 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing cook Janey, I am always speechless when I see what you can make. 35 people coming along, oh boy that is a lot.! But you can handle that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Merry Christmas to you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Merry Christmas to you!
    What a blessing for being able to gather with family.
    We miss that for 35 years already but of course we did have a nice Mass yesterday and after that we went to a friend's home for the Lighting of the Luminarias with buffet supper. Very warm.
    There always is enough food and you no doubt provided well, all together!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's a LOT of family! Looks like you had plenty of provisions for them. Happy New Year, Janey. There is lots of snow here in CO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from you Barb...even though I cant leave comments on your blog.
      I did go over a catch up and was a bit surprised by your news. Happy you are back in CO. I wish you and your hubby the very best in the new year.Janey

      Delete