Sunday, December 12, 2021

Home Again

 We have been gone from home for almost two weeks. We stopped over on the way to Georgia at the beach on the Florida panhandle. We had such a wonderful time and we were thrilled with the weather. From there we headed north to Atlanta where daughter number two lives. She and her husband prepared a wonderful dinner for us. The next morning we were off to North Carolina to keep two little granddaughters for almost a week….whew we did a lot of driving!


I as they say hit the ground running when  we got home. Going to be a very busy week. We are having a few friends over for a Christmas party so I baked some cookies. I use to make my own dough for these sugar cookie cutouts but for the past few years I have been using
this. All you have to do is add an egg and some butter and you are ready to roll it out and pick out your favorite cookie cutters.
What takes all the time is the decorating!…It took me all morning.


On our drive home the other day we were just south of the devastating tornadoes that hit the Midwest. Horrible destruction and huge loss of life. My heart goes out to their families…

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    What a lovely combined trip with clever break up at the beach. Your daughters must have been thrilled for having you visit them.
    It was quite some weather change and how devastating it is for so many... Prayers for the loved ones.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a real kitchen princess with your beautiful cookies.Have a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies look nice but it's cheating a bit getting it all made in a packet, I would make my own though never done so yet. Easy enough though

    ReplyDelete