Monday, July 18, 2022

Art Special Interest Group

 On my previous post I told you that I was at The National Cowgirl Museum in Ft. Worth for a meeting of my special interest group The Art of Ft. Worth


One of the spaces on the first floor is where visiting exhibits display their works. Our group was there for a lecture on the art of Bob Wade by Peeler Howell one of the owners of The Campbell Gallery here in Ft.Worth.

Bob Wade (1943-2019) who was famous for several reasons is best known for his technique of taking old black and white postcards, projecting them on to canvas and then colorizing them..



His most famous work is The Thirteen Cowgirls (real ones I might add) which you will find not only on canvas but t-shirts and other memorabilia.


There were many examples of his work in this display but this one caught my eye.This is Dale Evans (1912-2001). Dale was not only famous for being an actress and singer but for being married to the wildly popular cowboy Roy Rogers. Dale and Roy starred in several movies and had their own television show.

If you would like to read more about Bob Wade a very interesting man who was also known as Daddy- O .….go Here

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I noticed Annie Oakley was on the movie channel this weekend but I didn't watch any tv. I love the old Westerns with the women as main characters. What a neat museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly found a niche market. It must have been very difficult tocolour old black and white photos. I expect these days it is easy doing it on the computer with some app or other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Too bad that 5 images never did show from that link.
    What a great artist as it takes quite some talent for knowing the correct colors of that time era.
    It really adds a new dimension to the image.
    We hardly can imagine the time when there ONLY were black and white images.
    Glad you got to attend this!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was Dale Evans. I know I'm dating myself but I do remember their show.

    ReplyDelete