Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thanks to My Followers

 Dear Friends,

I am at a crossroads…thinking about ending my blog. I have been jabbering on here for about twelve years. Unlike many of you who have a huge group of followers, I have never been able to attract that many.

A whole slew of the people who blogged when I began have disappeared long ago. I won’t go into the long list of those, but the one that comes to mind is Kate at Visual Saint Paul. She was instrumental in me getting started and she just disappeared one day, before I could even thank her.

My faithful followers …. (those that comment) comprise rather short list.

Marianne (Holland) at: http://biebkriebels.blogspot.com/ is  one that has stayed with me all of these years. She and S.C. her husband were kind enough to show us around Amsterdam on a trip there…. I especially enjoy her many posts since years ago I lived in The Netherlands.

William at:https://ottawadailyphotos.blogspot.com/ has been around a long time too. I especially enjoy his tulips pictures in the Spring.

Mariette at Back to Basics is another Dutch friend https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/ who happens to live in Georgia. She and her husband Pieter are loaded with talents and have lived an amazing life all over the world. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about it.

Rosemary at https://wherefivevalleysmeet.blogspot.com/ has a beautiful blog. Her photography skills can’t be beat and I have always learned something new every time I stop there!

Diane at: https://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/ Her blog is filled with amazing wildlife she discovers on her Florida hikes and her never ending amazing crafts.

Grace in Perth Australia http://perthdailyphoto.blogspot.com/ has introduced me to a place I knew nothing about. Once a year my favorite thing is the art on the beach event.

Heather at https://lostinarles.com/ really does seems to be lost at the moment?. Can’t say enough nice things about this kind sole.

Elizabeth https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#search/contessa/FMfcgzGqPpkjdwfJBdzVnWBJfjcjHKlg is fun, different, exotic (is that the same as different)?.. and always makes me smile.

Sharon at https://phxdp.blogspot.com/ makes living in the desert seem doable ...She's a great photographer..and will always read your blog if you comment on hers.. 

Let’s not forget Katie at https://preppyemptynester.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-friday-files_20.html She is cute is a talented decorator with wonderful taste and shares her beautiful family, home and life with everyone.. Did I mention she is also funny?

Then there are those that don’t comment but I know they are there:

My west Texas cousins Becky and Judy…Love you.

A cousin from my little hometown. Love you too Milton

Ed and Donna Spray. Ed a retired network president that I am so proud to know (and Donna) …causing me to be guilty of name dropping, although  Donna is probably the true follower.

...and last but not least..a friend of my daughter's…Paige..who in reality seems like part of the family.

.....and just maybe there could be a daughter or two or maybe a sister who drop in occasionaly...naw not likely.

If I have forgotten anyone...so sorry.  Janey 


 

14 comments:

  1. I sure would miss you if you didn't blog. You live in a part of the country that I have lived in and lots of my family members still do so I can really relate to where you are and what you see. OH...and then you take those fabulous trips and share photos of them. I've felt a connection to you from the beginning! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Thank you for the mention but it is YOU, yourself that is at the very top of this list.
    A sincere and always informative blogpost with so much to be learned from!
    Never about bragging or showing off; just down–to–earth and honest and that is becoming very rare these days.
    And NEVER forget, this is NOT about the VOLUME but far more about the QUALITY!!!
    Who cares about those numbers?!
    They fade away over time, dissipating sooner than morning dew.
    None of us live forever and it will always be our personal diary, our story that we leave behind.
    And, there are always those that read but are not able to formulate a comment in their own words... or even are afraid of doing so.
    You stand out as one of the very best and most sincere writers!
    Just thought that you both were walking your long planned route in Spain...
    Thanks for your comments, your wisdom, your visits and wishing you all the very best!
    Know that you were valued and much appreciated!
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janey - I am really sorry to learn that you are thinking of giving up blogging.
    However, I do appreciate how you feel as I have similar sentiments myself. Blogging has changed so much over the years, and is definitely on the decline.
    I used to blog at least three times a week or even more, but now I only manage one post a week often less.
    I feel that the current situation for us all at the moment is partly to blame. Many people have lots of other concerns on their minds with the increasing cost of living, Climate change etc.
    I hope that you do continue to blog from time to time - thank you for all of your comments over the years and your thoughtful posts. Take care RosemaryX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janey, I'd hate to see you go but I do understand. When I first started blogging all those years ago, we were a large group and it was fun to "talk" to people all over the world. That certainly has dwindled as the years have passed. I've thought about the same thing many times but then, what would I do with all the photos I take if I don't put them on my blog. I'll keep going for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't comment with your Privacy Policy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is strange, now it works, Sad to miss you in the future, but I can understand, I have the same feeling of stopping, have been so long here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've probably never commented, but I'm sad to see your blog come to an end. You're one of the few real people (as opposed to influencers) left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to say. Going to leave my page up…just in case I have a change of heart! Janey

      Delete
  8. Janie... SAY IT AIN'T SO! I have been away all Summer and just popped in to say hello! I will miss all your cute posts about FW and Col. Please keep in touch. You are so sweet to mention me. I wish you much health and happiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Инстраграмм остается самой популярной на данный момент площадкой для продвижения собственного бизнеса. Но, как показывает практика, люди гораздо чаще подписываются на профили в которых уже достаточное количество подписчиков. Если заниматься продвижение своими силами, потратить на это вы можете очень немало времени, поэтому гораздо лучше обратиться к спецам из Krutiminst.ru подробнее https://forumkinopoisk.ru/member.php?u=1309880

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always sad to say goodbye to a good friend. But I can understand you want to stop blogging. I have the same idea sometimes, I feel I repeat myself after all those years. Maybe it is time to stop too.....:(. Wish you all the best and enjoy your life without blogging)

    ReplyDelete