Friday, November 18, 2016

Ooh La La


I have been out of town again. I think someone needs to nail my foot to the floor...but I was invited to a luncheon/style show in Houston, and the chance to visit with many dear friends...so off I went.
The event was at a rather high end department store that some of you may have heard of.
The luncheon tables had very glamorous centerpieces
Some I think were encouraging us to shop.
The store had models showing us what was "in" for Fall and Winter,
and one of the ladies attending was even ask to model this little mink cape.
(No I don't know if  it was real or faux).
I really enjoyed the food. I had a Caesar salad, red snapper with spicy potatoes and veggies, and a quite tasty scoop of ice cream.
We were all gifted a little bag full of perfume and makeup samples and a fun pair of designer sunglasses.
The event was chaired by this gal, who has been a friend for twenty three years.
It wasn't benefiting any organization, but I can assure you that many of the ladies present have raised thousands of dollars for charities over the years.Sometimes you just need to dress up and feel glamorous.

Cinderella is back at home, and excuse me while I go mop the kitchen floor.


5 comments:

  1. Isn 't it fun to take a break from reality? Your photos of this wonderful event tell a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an exciting event to attend, love to see all the glamour of dresses and the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ooh la la indeed Janey ☺ looks like you had a wonderful time.. now get back to the dishes 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    That for sure was an event not to be missed!
    Always fun and especially when joining a dear friend.
    I'm a loyal shopper at OFF 5TH Saks Fifth Avenue
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete