Friday, November 4, 2016

Our Class

As many of you know, I have been taking fun courses at TCU (a university in Ft Worth, Texas). These are not courses where you are given college credits or even receive grades. They are just to be informative, and as I said, fun!

Tuesday was my last of four one and a half hour classes on journaling. I was curious how one person could fill up so many hours on...just writing down your thoughts. Well, meet Lucy Cantu.
Lucy is billed as a Transformational Speaker,Career and Life Coach, and a successful one at that. She claims a lot of her success came from journaling. I can't believe how much I enjoyed her class. She had us do a lot of things including making a picture collage (snipped from magazines), of our goals for 2017. She herself had done this some sixteen years ago, and many of her goals have come true.

A grainy shot of our class
Yes, I am center in the blue blouse

One of the things I put on my goals page was: Make New Friends, since I am new in town. Would you believe that at the end of class, a couple came over, who are also new in town, and ask for my phone number....and no we did not share our collages in class.

*Lucy I hope that you don't mind that I swiped your cute photo from FB!

6 comments:

  1. A fun college to follow with great results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a really good way to get to know new people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes Kate I am. I joined yrs ago because my two daughters lived out of state and they posted their photos on FB?

      Delete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    That course did serve its purpose well for you!
    Love you in blue!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete