Monday, February 12, 2018

Back Home

Well, we never got to the beach. When I got the phone call that my daughter was back in the hospital, we headed for North Carolina and spent the week there. I am happy to report she is at home now and doing much better, and I do have a beautiful new granddaughter, Alice.
I did notice this unusual object not far from her home.
It is actually one of these. A cell tower that has been camouflaged to fit into it's natural surroundings.
This one of course is in a much more tropical setting....about as close as I am going to get to a palm tree at the moment. I am not sure the disguise is working. The towers still look odd sticking up so high above the other trees. Do you have a cell towers in your community, and has there been any attempt to camouflage them?
Oh, for those that were wondering, the beach we were going to is on the Caribbean island of Anguilla, where do hope to try and go next year.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Yes, we've got towers like that here, but most of them aren't disguised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting Janey, a new granddaughter, lucky you! So glad to hear that your daughter is better, must have given you a bit of a fright! We do have the communication towers also, not disguised but sometimes used by osprey as nesting spots 😀
    P.s. the mural I showed yesterday was actually a painting technique that this artist uses, not a single piece of glass used.. pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your daughter is now home and recovering. Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a new granddaughter, Janey! I hope your daughter is now mending well. In our neighborhood everything is underground, so no cell towers. I'm not sure camouflaging works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted to learn that all is well with your daughter Janey and that you have a beautiful new granddaughter too.
    We do not have those cell towers here, and now I am wondering how our phones work here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations with a new granddaughter Janey! Special cell towers overthere, we don't see them overhere like that.

    ReplyDelete