Friday, February 22, 2019

Anguilla part four

It has been wet and cold since we have returned home, so I am going to continue posting from our vacation on sunny Anguilla last week!
The climate in Anguilla is a bit arid, but like any place it is amazing what happens when you add a bit of water.
I sure did enjoy the blooming flowers
I use to grow pretty Hibiscus when I lived in Houston, this one seems to be  happy on Anguilla.
This splash of red sure did stand out against this white wall,

as did the purple.
These were new to me. They are called sea grapes. Someone told me to eat one of the ripe ones. So I did! The seed inside is very large so there is not a lot of pulp. What was there was very tart!
Nothing flowering here, but this was one of my favorite scenes. This arch is at one far end of the island. 
Another favorite thing was watching the beautiful sunsets.....

6 comments:

  1. Love your posts on Anguilla. I visited many years ago. On my next cruise, I will make sure it stops there! Have a great weekend, Janey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very relaxed and beautiful. Those flowers are all blosseming so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flower shots Janey. The hibiscus and bougainvillea in my garden look like this too, I guess we have similar weather to Anguilla. Am enjoying your holiday pics very much ✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    Those colorful blossoms of the Bougainvillea make one feel happy as they associate with warmth and sun.
    Lovely photos taken on this little island and what a shocker to come home to cold weather...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete