Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Bake Off

As many of you know, Tom and I attend several non credit classes at a local university.
Not only do we learn a few things, but we have an awful lot of fun. Seems they are always thinking up ways to entertain us,
and that is how they came up with the cookie bake off. Here you see a contestant displaying her baked goods.
I actually cant remember,but I think they had about sixteen people baking their best cookie.
There were all types. This would be called a bar cookie (you cut them into bars) and as I remember this one was filled with apricots.
These were in that same category...Sort of a pecan pie texture but with walnuts.
These were brightly colored iced sugar cookies.
Some were all about the display.
These were a favorite of mine. I adore anything with lemon in it.
We even had what they called celebrity judges,
made up of University professors, Provosts, coaches, etc.
and they took their job very seriously!
There were three prizes handed out. The judges voted on best bar cookie and best display and the we got to vote best by public opinion.
The couple on the right were a team...and I am sure you are surprised by the lady with the blue hair. I don't know this person, but I thought she was wearing a wig to look like Cookie Monster, a cartoon character from the show Sesame Street...but apparently she dyes her hair unusual colors on a regular.
 basis.  Anyway, it was such a fun afternoon. Next up is a class tomorrow on greeting card making and on Friday discounted tickets, through the University, to the musical 42nd Street.

Tell me what you have been up to...
.

7 comments:

  1. Yummy - these treats look fabulous. There is still so much snow here, Janey. Enjoy your spring. When are you arriving in CO? I'm leaving next week for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you will enjoy the beach! I will probably arrive the first week of June. Let me know if you are in our corner of CO!

      Delete
  2. I hope you all enjoyed for fill of cookies after the event. I too would be most attracted to the lemon ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was a great bake off, did you eat all the cookies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I couldn’t eat that many cookies. They let us cut off a bit to taste if you didn’t want a whole cookie. They also invited us to take as many home as we wanted.I took,some to my Cookie Monster (Tom).

      Delete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    Well, that was no doubt something quite different.
    As for me I love chocolate and nuts, not sweet.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete