Monday, April 15, 2019

We Survived!

Tom and I have been in North Carolina for a week babysitting.. giving my daughter and her husband a break. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the girls despite the fact that we had forgotten how tiring taking care of little ones can be. That is why you have children when you are young I suppose? Now that we have returned I realize just how much I wish they lived closer.
One thing we always like to do when in Charlotte is visit to Freedom Park. It is a 98 acre sanctuary in the city built just after World War II as a tribute to the soldiers.
Walking across the bridge into the park I noticed a mother and child having lunch on a rock near the creek (look closely).
One of the many bridges in the park. This one is my favorite.
View from the stone bridge.
North Carolina has had a very wet Winter and soggy Spring, so on this beautiful day we saw several school groups enjoying the park. The teachers were letting these kids roll down a grassy slope. All I could think of was grass stains! ..but oh my gosh they were having fun.

4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how tired you must be, age you can feel at such moments. We are all not so young anymore.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Well, being with such little ones has both; pros and cons. It sure does wear you out when not used to it daily.
    I've always admired grandparents that did raise the grandchildren for some reason; not easy!
    So we were both in North Carolina maybe at the same time? We returned on the 9th after a 2-night stay in Asheville, coming south from Amherst, OH where we visited a blogger friend. They lost their eldest daughter, surgery complications at THE famous clinic of Cleveland, OH... SAD.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are not wrong Janey. When my Sydney family stay over Christmas it really is exhausting, especially as for the first few days they are working on Sydney time which is two hours ahead of Perth. But it is lovely to have the grandchildren come searching for us however early in the morning 😊 Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete