Friday, October 11, 2019

Time to Leave Paris

After five wonderful days in Paris with fabulous weather it was time to move on. Tom and I like to get around like the locals... it is cheaper...and cheaper translates into getting to go more often.
(this by the way is not an advertisement.)

We took Le Bus Direct from CDG into Paris, and now it was time to take another of their buses to Orly for our flight to Pisa. The bus company has several bad reviews online, but we had ridden this convenient form of transportation when it was the Air France bus and we experienced no problems this time with the new owners.
Our Easy Jet  flight was a nice experience. I had the most interesting seatmate that I will blog about later..
I made all of the plans for this trip and I was a bit nervous about the small hotel I chose in Pisa...well it was absolutely delightful...a little family run hotel. This is the comfortable deck at the back of the Hotel di Stefano, and yes that is the leaning tower, which was an easy walk.
Tom and I are early risers and we always enjoy an early morning stroll. As you can see it was barely daylight and no one around.
I took a few pictures along the way.
Little side streets can be a delightful.
Cloak of Conscience
by Anna Chnomy
This sculpture I found a bit spooky.
Pisa is on the coast, but we only walked as far as The Arno River, which reminded me so of Florence.
Same River by the way.

Tomorrow I will post a few more pictures of what else we saw in Pisa..
Thank you for coming along on my travels.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    That is a coincidence, Pieter just has enjoyed watching our video about the tour with friends together, by car, through Italy and of course we did Pisa. We did not sleep there though.
    You arranged it all in a very clever way!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that Cloak of Conscience statue fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to travel with you through Europe, Pisa I have been too. Loved Italy very much, I even painted my walls at home in Italian terracotto colours.

    ReplyDelete