Wednesday, December 4, 2019

HoHoHo

It is such a busy time of year! I promised myself that I would simplify, simplify, simplify.. but I think I have failed. We have a large artificial tree that we were not going to put up since we aren't hosting Christmas....but guess what...here it it!

We both love the holidays....and the thought of no tree seemed dismal. I usually do a lot of baking, but held to my promise here. .. I did attend a luncheon yesterday and I knew the ladies would bringing little favors to exchange, so this is what I took....not a lot of baking required for these:
You start out with a bag of little square baked pretzels.
Next unwrap a  Hershey's Kisses(I needed two bags for the number I was to make).That was the labor intensive part...I put Tom to work. Of course I had to watch and make sure he wasn't eating every other one.
I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and loaded it with pretzels, putting a Candy Kiss on top of each square. Put into a preheated oven (200 degrees F, or 93.3 C) for only about 4 mins. Test one to see if the chocolate is soft. Remove from oven and top each one with another pretzel...pushing down gently or else the chocolate squishes out the side. Put into the fridge to chill for about 15 mins.
I put about 14 salty and sweet pretzel sandwiches in each little cello bag and fastened with a small rubber band.

All done up in matching bags with cute tags, they made a nice treat to put on the luncheon table.

8 comments:

  1. I am still doubting to built the Christmas tree up. It is so much work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    That was a clever and sweet treat made for sure!
    We have no Christmas tree since Campbell moved us up north, we gave away all we had at that time and never started over.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tree is going up two days before the grandchildren arrive from Sydney 😁 What a super idea re the little treats Janey, a tip to remember 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine will be going up tomorrow. It wouldn't be Christmas without a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look At You Go - Well Done - Keep On Keeping On

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete