Sunday, January 26, 2020

Rodeo Part ll

To be honest I am not a rodeo fan. Yes, I said it..a very un-Texan thing for a Texas girl to say, and my roots run deep in this state. So why did we accept the invitation? First of all I adore The Cowgirl Museum, but I was really excited  to see the new 14,000 square foot Dickies Arena that just opened in the Fall of this year. Our town, which should not be discounted on a trip to Texas has a whole batch of billionaires who are not only rich, but philanthropic, and they have poured their money into Fort Worth...more on that another time.
The New Dickies Arena


The new multi use arena was built west of downtown near the aging  Will Rodgers Coliseum (white oval roof far left) where the rodeo has been held for the last 76 years. Naming rights given to a local manufacturing company, Williamson-Dickie who make work clothes.


Yes it is also Art Deco Style....and no expense was spared...

Okay, enough about the arena. I did take a few blurry pictures of some of the events. Although I closed my eyes during steer wrestling. I for one would be rooting for the steer.
 Cowboys and cowgirls from five cites competed in events such as: Bucking Bronco
Barrel Racing
Bull Riding
click on photo to enlarge
and of course Steer Wrestling which it is difficult to photograph with your eyes closed ...

Have you attended a Rodeo? If so, do you have a favorite event? Just wondering....Janey
c

9 comments:

  1. An impressive building.

    I have not attended such events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is barrel racing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Well, I'm there 100% with you and would be rooting for the Steer.
    No, we've never ever been and guess will never attend such an event.
    Enjoy the architecture and the very generous sized building of that new arena, that would have drawn me in probably but then... gone!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That new arena is pretty amazing. I don't blame you for wanting to see it in person. I'd be rooting for the steer too. I'm not much of a rodeo fan either. I have a sister who is married to a cowboy so she's been many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the event with steers....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the architecture of the Dickies Arena Janey, I couldn't help smiling at the thought of you trying to take photos with your eyes shut.. mine would have been too 😄

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is certainly a fine arena - I presume that they don't actually kill the steers as they do in Spain, something that I consider to be brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Rosemary. The cowboy jumps from horseback on the steers back...throws it to the ground and then grabs its horns and twists it’s head to one side. It horrified me that the cowboys were huge more than often bigger than the poor little steer.

      Delete
  8. If you're trying to lose pounds then you need to start using this brand new tailor-made keto meal plan.

    To produce this service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and cooks have united to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, painless, money-efficient, and delightful.

    From their launch in 2019, 100's of people have already completely transformed their body and health with the benefits a great keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-confirmed ones offered by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete