Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Beep!

Tom asked me to ride along on an errand this morning. I am not usually so ready to accompany him on errands...but gosh boredom has set in and even a trip to the county clerk’s office sounded  like a real treat!
The County Clerk’s office is located in our Tarrant County Courthouse. A beautiful old building constructed in the late nineteenth century.

When the sunlight hits the building you can see that it is built out of pretty pink granite.

The center of the building has a winding staircase up to a colorful rotunda.

Like most public buildingS these days we had to pass though security...Well you guessed it. For the first time...my new shoulder set off the alarm.
So I had to have a security person scan my shoulder . I think this will not be the last time to hear the 
BEEP!

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Janey,
    Oh my, that is something for you to get used to for the future.
    As long as it does not require a lot more time and above all, being dealt with courtesy!
    What an incredible building, guess on sunny days it glistens.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is not nice to experience, you are a danger now in every entry. Something eary to cope with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, a new adventure to look forward too. That's one I hadn't thought of.
    That courthouse building is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Janey, you will have to get used to it 😊 The County Courthouse is a gem inside and out, the view up through the staircase to that gorgeous ceiling is a stunner 💜 How is the shoulder feeling now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like buildings with such ancient architecture.

    ReplyDelete