Thursday, September 15, 2011

Food!


I promise this in not going to turn into a recipe site. Just wanted to show you a recipe I tried last night. We were invited to a cook-out and I was asked to bring an appetizer . These antipasto kabobs sounded easy and they were.
You marinade cooked( cheese filled) tortellini with black and stuffed green olives in an Italian salad dressing (over night). Drain, and then thread them on a toothpick with a half slice of folded salami. I also sprinkled them with cracked black pepper and grated Parmesan cheese.

4 comments:

  1. If it were not for recipes I see on the blogs, I might not have any new, special ideas, so keep them coming. This looks delish, but a question... do you stuff these yourself? Explain, svp.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Genie
    Cook cheese tortellini . Then marinade them overnight in a zip-lock with black olives and green pimento stuffed olives...pouring in about a cup of robust Italian dressing. Drain. Thread onto picks with a slice of salami that has been cut in half. Sprinkle with pepper and Parmesan. My picks were almost too short.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you were actually asking me if I stuffed the tortellini myself? Let's put it this way : Sandra Lee of semi-Home Made is my hero! That was a no :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious, I am going to make them too when I have a party. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete