Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sunny and Mild

The weather here is perfect. Sunny warm days and cold nights.
Slightly out of it's banks, the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River looks muddy. When it calms down , after the snow melt, it will again be clear. 
My secret waterfall, that I discovered last year, just north of town, is running nicely.

and T-mountain just southwest of town is still topped with snow.

as seen from our south deck this morning. Not unlike my header picture. 
We have finished unpacking and I am looking over recipes. Need to make out a menu for our arriving guests. You have to really make sure you have all your ingredients are listed.....since the supermarket is 120 miles round trip!



6 comments:

  1. Oh Janey you certainly wouldnt want to forget an important ingredient!
    Gorgeous countryside to lose yourself in and I'm with you - mmm, cold nights and warm days.
    It will be picture perfect when the water clears, looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to be back in such magnificent surroundings! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! yup, you definitely need some meal-planning! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 120 miles round trip! I knew there was a reason for me living in a city - I just couldn't be that organised! Those photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magnificent view from your deck Janey, once you get your deckchair out there it WILL be exactly the same as your header :) A wonderful spot to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you have a very big freezer! The waterfall is beautiful and how nice to have one that is your very own secret!

    ReplyDelete