Monday, October 9, 2017

Rafting the River

Things have been crazy around here since we arrived home. We have had two sets of guests (one set is still here), plus Tom and I must have picked up a virus on the plane. Not to mention, we had twenty nine here for dinner on Saturday night whew...I need another vacation!
 
Our excellent guide on the river
I did promise that I would post some rafting pictures...so here they are.
We were all eager to climb aboard, since it was the perfect weather to raft.
This is The Athabasca River that run through Jasper, Alberta, Canada. The river originates from the Columbia Glacier north of Jasper. Therefore, since it is glacier melt the water is a pretty color of blue.
They offered us these yellow trash bag looking ponchos. None of us wanted to wear them, until they explain that the splash could have you sitting in a puddle. So all of the women put them on.
Although, several of the men declined. I figured they were either too macho or vain....and I knew which in the case of this guy. We sure had a beautiful raft, and next on the agenda was walking on a glacier!

7 comments:

  1. A lovely experience to have had on the the Athabasca River - get better soon, that is one of the hazard of plane travel. Touch wood I have been lucky on the last few occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not that wild I see. We had special overals on and caps and I was sitting in the front of the sodiac, catching all the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite an experience. That river can be unforgiving, and yes, it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos....that's something I was never brave enough to do. Hope you are feeling lots better today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Janey,
    Oh my, so sorry to read that you picked up a virus on the plane... Always a risk when so many people come together!
    One can admire you for pulling off that dinner for 29; in that condition and for having company!
    The raft looks indeed like a lot of fun and most importantly, it was the perfect day with good weather condition.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was sitting in the front of the sodiac, catching all the water!


    หนังเกย์

    ReplyDelete