Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Chateau

The excitement builds as we arrived at the Chateau if only for one night.
No, I did not take this picture I think the credit must be given to some drone,
but I did take this  of the friendly doormen. The whole resort had a Nordic feel starting with their uniforms.
I didnt realize(and maybe you did), that The Canadian Pacific Railway way back at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th built a series of five star hotels across Canada to attract the European vacationers.....of which most stayed the entire summer season.
I won't bore you with pictures of my food. ...but this was unusual. They fed us well on this trip, here we are dining in The Chateau's Fairview Room. My friend Kathy ordered the above dessert. The waitress came out and covered it with a sheet of white chocolate (to me it looked like a small tortilla), and then poured hot raspberry sauce over it melting the chocolate!
I talked Tom into upgrading to a lake view room (amazing)! This is the early morning view.
After breakfast we had time to walk around, as we didn't check out until almost noon.
I have to tell you what I think is a funny story.
Coming down the Ice Field Pkwy from Jasper, we stopped at a series of lakes (previous post). I was taking my photo of Peyo Lake from the lookout point. There were other tourists, and everyone was taking their turn and letting the next group  move forward. When I got to the front this lady next to me keeping poking her elbow into to me yelling EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! Now if she had asked nicely, I would have stepped out of her pose. ..but the fact that she was elbowing me ticked me off, and I just gave her the look. Seems when she got here to the Chateau, she was standing on these rocks doing the same thing. Well, guess what? She fell in! No, she didn't drown and wasn't hurt but everyone sure had a good laugh :)

10 comments:

  1. Love your lake view room photo. Splendid. Very funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent place to stay Janey, the scenery is stunning and not too shabby inside too ☺ loved the rude lady story, that's karma for you 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I both enjoyed this post and the amazing photos! He had one word for the story at the end...Karma! Very funny! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An iconic place in my country. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    You were very lucky with your lake view room!
    We have made it only to two of the Chateau hotels, in Québec City and in Ottawa and I sure would love to stay at Lake Louise as well.
    That nasty woman got what she deserved!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful up there. Loved your story about the elbow woman. Hate those selfish people. So got what se deserved (karma?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now it's my turn to be jealous! What a gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete