Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Friendly Texan

If you are on the road in Texas ...like I have been of late...and you see this friendly sight...you might consider stopping.
I know some of you detest big box stores...but to a traveler this is a welcome sight.
It is a mega gas station...and so much more.
Welcome to Buc-ees. (pronounced Bucky's). A gas station/convenience store started by two guys in south Texas that wanted to focus on cheap gas....cheap ice, and clean restrooms. Have you ever seen so many ice containers? Well there are just as many on the other side of the front door.After all this is TEXAS and it is hot here...we use a lot of ice.
There is even a bronze statue of Buc-ee for you to pose by...and a lot of folks do.
To say the place is large..is an understatement. There are gifts on both sides of the aisle as far as the eye can see.
You can also order food
which you do on the easy to use touch screens
and of course there is a barbecue station...like I said this is TEXAS. The food is actually good here. I high recommend the veggie wrap.
and then there are the super clean numerous restrooms where you can also purchase art
or a whimsical bird house.

and by all means pick up a little Buc-ee souvenir.
or a TEXAS sized one.
Promise me you will at least stop one time if you are ever rolling down the road in TEXAS...you may be surprised and decide you like this place..


6 comments:

  1. The Buc-ees are cute! That is a big place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean restroom is a treat indeed. It looks all very clean and huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise - I'll stop the next time I drive through TX! You sold me with "clean rest rooms."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    That is humongous looking and I've never heard of them.
    You did share it in a special way; great introduction.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!! absolutely fantastic blog. I am very glad to have such useful information.

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete