Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A Good Start

Well, I guess making the new year great depends on no one but me. I am not one for resolutions, since I have made them in the past and before January passes they are only a flickering memory. So, I will try to be the best me I can be.
Kristen's fireplace
We started the new year by spending the afternoon at my niece's house, which is just north of Dallas. As many of you know, I have four sisters in the area and three niece's and let's not forget the one nephew. Anyway, I had mentioned that I had not seen niece Kristen's new house, which they have been in for over two years, so we got an invitation to her New Year's Dinner...
and wow! I did not exactly expect this!...and what a wonderful meal it was.
Looking now at my plate I am thinking it was pretty healthy.

Beef Tenderloin....okay maybe I needed a smaller serving
Spinach salad... with a healthy dressing
Green beans... with herb butter
Black Eyed Peas ..a must (see previous blog)
Cranberry Sauce...a holiday tradition...with yes sugar as a main ingredient
and fresh fruit...maybe too with a tad bit of sugar sprinkled on..

I did have ONE small glass of white wine. I skipped the bread, but I have to confess I didn't skip the chocolate mousse that followed.

In the new year I will try and cut back on carbs, and sugar 
Have healthy snacks
and watch my portion sizes.
I will not be analyzing my every meal (lucky you)
So, come back to see me!
Janey
 


4 comments:

  1. That is quite a meal. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Janey,
    Kudos to your niece for pulling off such a superb New Year's Dinner! Love to see this done by the younger generation...
    We too eat once a week a small beef tenderloin and enjoy it!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an attractive looking meal served by your neice and also a very welcoming fireplace too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It almost looks you were at a restaurant, great food!. Less sugar and carbs helps a lot. Good resolutions!

    ReplyDelete