Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Bank Art

I mentioned in a previous post that I had joined a group called The Art of Fort Worth, which is a special interest group offered through the classes that I take at Texas Christian University. Yesterday we were  invited to a branch of a local bank to see their newly acquired art work. The employees were most gracious hosts, even offering us snacks and a glass of wine.
I knew that we were in for a treat when I pulled into the parking lot. The above sculpture is by Deborah Ballard a local artist and teacher of sculpture classes in Dallas
I happened to look up just inside the  door and was greeted by a piece (titled Airborne) suspended from the ceiling. The artist is Bill Starke, another talented artist who is from Aspen, Colorado
The bank itself even though new gives off a old vibe with it's cage like grill work and black and white marble floors.
Bill Starke also did these guys, titled Climbers ....who were doing just that in the stairwell,
and this one....Skydiver
Back outside, Anne our group leader was demonstrating how you could interact with this sculpture. You are invited to have a seat and join the other players....a full set of chess pieces are housed in the drawer.  The event was certainly a nice way to spend the afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to see art. And so good a company has all those art in the house. Must be nice to work there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat Janey! I looove the figure sculptures in all their activities, fabulous ✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun...I have been in your neck of the woods visiting my friend in NRH...going home today but we need a cousin get together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had to pick a favourite, it would be Climbers.

    ReplyDelete