Tuesday, March 20, 2018

It's Here!

Today is the first day of Spring. So Tom and I decided to go to lunch (again) at our town's Botanic Gardens. They have a very nice restaurant in the center of the park with healthy,delicious, reasonably priced meals.
After lunch we couldn't resist walking through the gardens...since the weather was perfect.
We were there only last week, but this time walked in a different part of the park.
There are so many pretty sections
to investigate.
Wednesday's are pretty quiet around here...although on the weekend there can be crowds.
I got a little carried away snapping pictures
especially of the trees. This is a Redbud
A Dogwood
Texas Mountain Laurel
and a Chinese Snowball
On the way home, we stopped at Dairy Queen where in honor of the first day of Spring they were giving away a free ice cream cone.
I hope that you to enjoyed the first day of Spring.



7 comments:

  1. What a lovely park!

    Dogwoods are rare here, but a zen garden at one of our museums has one. I imagine it'll bloom later than around your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This botanical garden must be a delight to visit, and the blossoms are such a welcome sight to my tired Midwest eyes. I totally forgot about the DQ treat, which obviously was nationwide. The garden, however, must have been a greater delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like spring indeed. Here it is still cold..:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at your pretty pics Janey while I am listening to the beginnings of another Nor'easter. Boy, do I ever miss Texas. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very easy too wou be very easy to get carried away taking photos in Botanical gardens Janey, one of my favourite places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete