Friday, March 16, 2018

Hodgepodge

Hodgepodge...isn't that what they call a grouping of unrelated items? I just had to get that depressing murder story off of my screen (previous post)...so here goes.

First of all, we have had a lot of guests this week. One couple took us out to eat at the wonderful French restaurant called Rise. I guess they named it that because most of the menu items are souffles..get it rise? There were five of us and we all had one this large and then shared a chocolate one and a strawberry...
Spring has finally sprung around here and my espalier (trained vine) is doing great on the wall.
The neighbors tree has beautiful buds
and my kitchen has a bit of an Easter theme to it.
Bradford Pear Trees are blooming all over town..Oh, by the way, there are nurseries that refuse to sell these trees here. They have a short lifespan, a shallow root system causing them to fall over easily and they stink...some say they smell like tuna fish. That being said...they are pretty.
The valentine wreath on my front door and been replaced with (fake) Spring flowers....which will remain all summer
and last, but not least, they finished paving the street!
Have a wonderful weekend and don't drink too much green beer!
Janey

4 comments:

  1. The flowers are a lovely touch! We're still below freezing here, with plenty of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my early haydays of cooking I tried some souffles at home and they were good. But I haven't done that for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spring is way ahead of ours. More snow and ice for us this weekend so they will harm some of the plants that had started to emerge from their winter slumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doens't look so interesting I think, rather monotonous. Hope you get a nice modern building in return.

    สล็อต ออนไลน์
    Gclub

    ReplyDelete