Friday, August 9, 2019

The Bear Visit

I have been very busy with guests and have neglecting blogging...sorry.
I am thinking that I forgot to tell you about our visit from the bear. When my sister was here, she had just joined us at the breakfast table when she yelled out "There is a Bear"! He was actually walking up the front steps right toward the door.! Her yelling frightened him and he started off down the road. By the way looks like he is walking on snow, but that is a white gravel road.We thought no more about the bear until we found the door of my sister's car standing open.
I had told her and her husband not to leave any food in the car...which they didn't, but they left a six pack of strawberry flavored water in there. The Bear open the unlocked car door and decided he needed a drink. Here are the five cans that he punctured with either a claw or his tooth.I guess next time I also need her to lock the car door.....

5 comments:

  1. That is amazing - hope that you have a good strong door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is all very close. Fortunately he didn't damaged the car inside. And he didn't enter your door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    Smart animals that figure out a lot about people's places where they keep food and drinks.
    Yes, locking the door is a MUST.
    Quite an adventure...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete