Friday, February 7, 2020

It’s All About The Beat

I’ve been out of town enjoying my new grandchild, and realizing that there are so many activities for children now that were not available when I was raising my little ones. Yesterday we went to music class.
Yes I said music class. The first thing I noticed were all of the instruments on the walls.
The moms and dads, yes dads sat on the floor and an instructor demonstrated how different instruments make different sounds. Most all of the instruments on the walls are taken down and played.

Here the parents were joining in with bells. They say exposing your little one to a variety of musical sounds helps support all areas of development.

My favorite is when the parents kept time with the soft sounds by waving this net.


Even the youngest seemed to be spellbound by the tunes..
Who knows maybe we will have a budding musician in the future!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing class. It makes me remember how of a friend of mine used to play a tape of people speaking other languages for her son when he was just a baby. She said it would help him in later years if he wanted to learn another language to have heard certain sounds that we adults can't hear. Sure enough, he's fluent in Spanish and French now. I wish I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What A Trip - So Thankful You Attended - Play On Girlfriend

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delightful - I wish that there had been things like that to attend when my boys were little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Janey,
    No doubt this works also very calming and they stay focused on the instrument being played.
    Great experience!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wonder what the babies are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely event Janey, they say babies listen to music even while still in the womb 💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice experience for everyone.

    ReplyDelete