Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Luncheon


  Last week,  as I explained in my previous blog, we drove down to Houston for a Rotary Reunion.... Tom also scheduled a dental visit and I was able to accept an invitation.....
to attend a Halloween luncheon hosted by my old friend, Brenda, in The Wine Cellar of Tony's Restaurant.

Brenda and Yours Truly
Actually, she doesn't look that old.

I had just been to my hair dresser, who suggested low lights for my hair. I said yes, although I had no idea what low lights were? Now I do. My hair is much darker...and the jury is still out.


Brenda's invitation said: "Make sure your witches hat matches your shoes". A couple of gals took her literally and wore witch's hats!

I had a wonderful time...a lot more fun than poor Tom (at the dentist) ....and I didn't even keep him company  on the 200+ miles driving  home. Not sure if it was the glass of wine, or that cheesecake... but I slept like a baby!
We are back in North Texas and there are signs of Fall everywhere (a neighbors steps), but we are packing again and are off to Chicago. If our children don't come see us in Colorado, then we go see them in the Fall. We are headed to see my darling granddaughter Hannah (and her family).
If you celebrate.....Have a fun Halloween!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. you are mad travelers! be safe and be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa..We didn't make a hotel res. Figured this is a quiet time of the year.W e stopped in ST. Louis for the night. Duh! it's the World Series?..Thankfully we found a room. Sleeping in the car would be the pits,

      Delete
  2. Those witches hat look a little elaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun party - and your hair looks great :) Happy Halloween & safe travels! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun party and your hair looks good though? I saw a calender here with your photo of the three sisters in front! If you are interested I will send you. Mail me at my blogmail, I lost your adress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too thoughtful. I will send you an email.

      Delete
  5. You falling asleep on the way home made me laugh Janey, I do that nearly every time I get in the car..sometimes even if its just a short trip :)) Have a wonderful week with your gorgeous Hannah, can't wait to be a grand mum next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you Grace! Can't wait to get my hands on Hannah,

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful party! You look wonderful ~ I like the low-lights. Love all the signs of fall (they say Autumn here in the UK ~ I am learning). The combo of wine and cheesecake would have put me to sleep for the ride as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you! read your blog. had trouble leaving a comment. Wow is all I can say!

      Delete
    2. I am unable to leave comments on google + blogs too.. they won't take the name of my blog.. frustrating ...

      Delete
  7. and what did the jury say when it returned?
    I like it ;. a lot!

    ReplyDelete