Saturday, December 27, 2014

Family

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful holiday season. I had to laugh today. All of the television commercials now...... have a theme of weight loss. I wonder why?
I promised to show you the dessert table from our family Christmas party. My niece Kristin who is not a professional baker, but teacher, made these delicious cookies.

Then there was this tray of goodies. Yes, I made a couple of these. Okay, as if that weren't enough... there were also a couple of cakes and ice cream ....I don't know about you, but I have gained five pounds just looking at this!

Remember, I was  so concerned about the six children that were coming...and bought little cups with lids. Well, here at five of the six at the kids table. They were so careful, and no one spilled a drop of anything.

I think this though, was my favorite part of the whole evening. All twenty three adults and six children gathered around the kitchen island, holding hands...pausing to give thanks. A feeling of gratitude washed over me. It is having each other that is the true blessing.

*thanks for the photos Polly



4 comments:

  1. The final image? just beautiful Janey. Poignant.
    The delicious desserts come a close second though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful, I like the second tray best, I am a chocolate lover. You really had a full house 23 adulst and 6 children!, you must be exhausted now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful time together! The treats look so delicious; I wish I could try them!

    ReplyDelete