Sunday, January 13, 2019

Oh My!

Over a half century in time...has not been  kind to this place.
I went back to my small hometown again this weekend for yet another funeral. On a previous blog I wrote about losing my cousin Tim. Well, a week later his older sister died.
On the way back out of town after the funeral I ask my husband to pull over as we were passing an old neglected house. This was the house where my grandparents lived way back in the early 50's. I do not know who owns it now, but sadly it has not been cared for. I have so many sweet memories here. My sister Suzanne was with us, and together we conjured up even more.
 Feeling nostalgic I even ask my most agreeable (well sometimes) husband to pull around to the back alley. This is the very alley where my cousin Tim and I headed out on our adventure so many years ago. See: Here

Have a wonderful week! ...and hopefully I will have something happier to post about...Janey

7 comments:

  1. This seems to be a difficult time of year for many of us. I have just been to the funeral of my youngest sons MiL, but we also became great friends too. This is our second funeral in a short space of time as my other DIL lost her father a few weeks ago - it is making me feel vulnerable.
    It is a shame about your grandparents house, but do hold on to your nostalgic memories rather than how it looks today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some owners take care of their homes. Others do not.

    I haven't been back to the place where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Janey,
    That is so very sad to see a fond place, full with memories in your heart, being run down like this! Even more so, when coming from a funeral...
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your losses. So sad to see places where we grew up age and age. As we age and age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sad to have two losses so close after each other. Wish you all the best. A pity when a house in neglected and doesn't look good anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness that is so sad Janey, to lose them both so soon one after the other seems so unfair. Take care, hugs coming your way from Perth ✨

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janey... I am so sorry for both of your losses. Hope your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete