Sunday, January 27, 2019

Practicing

Have you ever done it? Used packing cubes? I have decided to try, so that I can carry everything on the plane. It is not so much to save money, since we have a credit card where the airlines allow us to check a bag for free. It is for an upcoming trip where we have a close connection, and I don't want to arrive without any clothes. 
The packing cubes I purchased are from Sharper Image, although I got them at a discount store ($14.95 for all three). In the larger one I was able to pack 8 blouses, a sundress 1 nightgown, 1 robe, 2 swimsuits and a cover-up. In the next smaller bag I have packed 3 pair of capri's, two pair of slacks and a pair of shorts. The smallest one is full of unmentionables. I might add, to make all of this fit you must roll the items.
Yippee, they fit in the suitcase with a corner left over for two extra pair of shoes and a foldable sun-hat.
My smaller carry-on, that will go under the seat will have my I-pad, liquid toiletries, etc.
What have I forgotten?
Donna, I hope you have an iron :)
  

7 comments:

  1. No I have never heard of them, looks good! Have a nice travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a great idea. I am looking for a way to travel light this year so I am going to have a look at these travel bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well done Janey, you are ready and raring to go 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have considered these and will be interested how you like them when you unpack the clothes. I'm trying to teach myself not to take everything in my closet, but I usually fail miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How smart! I'm always gathering tips like this in case I ever travel abroad! I would rather have less luggage when I get there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Janey,
    To me that sounds and looks like a wrinkle-festival of sorts!
    We just pack light and travel convenient.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete