Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mornings

I love mornings. Do you? I guess I can't figure out why those that don't, don't? Thinking back, it seems I have been a morning person for a long time. I remember when I was growing up.. The summers were long and hot, but early mornings in North Texas were  very tolerable. Later on, it was the most peaceful time in the house, before my small children awakened for the day. Now in "my golden years" I enjoy this quiet  time with my pot of strong coffee and my computer.....reading blogs from all over the country, and around the world. I was going to say before my husband got up...but I kind of like him, and don't want you to get the wrong idea.

We are still nestled in our rental apt. (awaiting the completion of our new home), which is the whole second floor of what I consider to be a charming old house, built in the 1920's. None of the furnishing around me are ours...so I feel a bit like I have been on a long extended vacation. I have given thought as to why we have so many belongings? After a year of our things hidden from sight, in a storage unit...I am asking myself the question...Do we really need these things?

Okay getting a bit philosophical here. Just wanted to ask if you are a morning dove or a night owl?
Night time view...NO. An early morning view (just now) looking west down the hill in the very early morning.
 My time of the day.

8 comments:

  1. I was a night owl for years and years and loved it. I could party, dance, read, or just sit alone and reflect. Later, however, my body changed its mind and now I am up BEFORE the crack of dawn. I don't mind the switch because it gives me a chance to do all the things you mentioned. I often leave the house and go on early-morning photo shoots by myself, finding the empty streets interesting and strangely comforting.

    Have a delightful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh early bird fir sure Janey.. Like yourself when you lived in North Texas, the summer here in Perth is long and hot also, coolest part of the day is very early morning when its so quiet and cool.. Coffee and the paper or a crossword, fabulous..I can't wait for the morning now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. somehow, i've become neither. i don't get up at the crack of dawn, nor do i stay up too late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More early than late, but on a really good day - getting up when I want and after a full day, dropping to sleep at a fairly early hour. I must admit though, on the days I see the dawn, I'm particularly gratified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like yourself and Grace from Perth, I'm an early bird (like 5am early) I love the quiet, the shadows turning to light and of course living in the hot tropics of Oz, one beats the heat early in the morning in summer and winter time one gets to feel a bit of chill which is fantastic in my books! And I too use the early morning to drink coffee and read and catch up on blogs from all over the world Janey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry, I am no early bird. So glad I don't have to go to work anymore now. I can get up when I wanta d that is not early I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mornings, for sure cousin. Must run in the family

    ReplyDelete