Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Family Tradition

This is the time of year that we all try to practice a few family traditions.

One of ours, is the making and decorating of Christmas Sugar Cookies
So, I have been in the kitchen again.
Before I get patted on the back for my culinary talents... let me confess. I have been known to take a few shortcuts. These cookies are going to become more a holiday craft for a two and four year old...not sure how many are actually going to get eaten.With this mix you simply add 1/2 cup of butter and an egg. Roll them out a choose your favorite cookie cutter.
After they bake for five to seven minutes, you let them cool. Normally I would then mix powdered sugar with a tiny bit of milk and some vanilla extract to make an icing that will be separated into small dishes and colored with various food colors....The fun part  though comes next...choosing which sprinkles to use.
Although, I am transporting these to North Carolina to be decorated....so I  layered them in a plastic container, between sheets of parchment paper, and put in the freezer. They will thaw along the way.

At this point I want to say Happy Holidays to all of my blog friends . I will be signing off for a few days. Stay Happy, Healthy and Warm...except for Grace in Perth who needs to stay cool!
I will return....Janey

5 comments:

  1. The cookies are such a fun tradition! Enjoy your holiday week! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children will have lots of fun decorating the cookies with different colours and sprinkles.
    Have a wonderful happy time with your family and see you again on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious, have a nice time Janey with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother would make those as well as many others over the weeks leading up to Christmas.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    That is so very special for the children and never mind if they not indulge in all of the sugar.
    Merry Christmas to you and enjoy this special time of the year with your family!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete