Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh My! part two

continued from yesterday.....


I am not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't this. A small fenced area housed approximately 20 graves that appeared totally neglected with blackened and broken tombstones that were almost impossible to read. My husband (trying to lift my spirits) pointed out that someone appeared to be trying to remove the tree that had toppled the obelisk off of my ggrandfather's marker...but who? Seeing a man on the property across the road we went over to see is he could possibly answer some of our questions. Goodness knows he could  even be a relative. He said the small cemetery had been that way for years...and that an elderly descendant of "that" family, someone that he didn't know, came by on occasion to check on things.

Getting back on the road I was filled with mixed emotions. Happy that we had located the cemetery and a gnawing  a sense of guilt over it's condition....What could be done? Stay tuned
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: