Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Diamond in the Rough

A friend of mine enjoys buying old homes in town and remodeling them. I guess the new term is "flipper".
She redid this cutie recently, after securing it in a foreclosure auction. I pass it every day on my way into town. 
It was in terrible shape. She spent several months redoing it from inside out. She was going to use it as rental property, but since her children are grown, she and her husband have decided to sell their large home (which just sold), and stay in this cute cabin while here in the summer. Every time I see it I think of Thomas Kinkade. All it needs is a lake out in front. Interesting the fence she installed. Part wood, and part corrugated roof panels.
Linking to Good Fences: HERE

9 comments:

  1. Love the wood in the fence. Is it warm there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual fence design. If I had put all that work into that cute little place, I'd want to stay there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a beautiful place to live! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it was well worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fence looks a bit weird to me, I don't like that rusty iron...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little cabin home. The fence is different with the metal panels but it's fits into the surroundings well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting fence and wish well for your friend. It seems a downsizing trend is happening around the world...not yet for me..too much junk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a snug little residence.

    ReplyDelete