Monday, August 28, 2017

The Hunter

The weather around here has been beautiful this week.
So, yesterday we drove our guest up along Henson Creek. Plants that bloom in the Fall...are starting to do so. Have no idea what the bush is with the red berries, but it caught my eye.
Marina wanted to climb down closer to the creek
since she saw the perfect place for a photo
She was confused when she saw this guy with a large pack of arrows on his back, and I had to explain that Bow Season had opened. She and I both agreed that we don't like the idea of people who hunt and kill animals for sport. I also don't like the idea of an arrow flying through the woods at me when I am hiking...Time to start wearing bright orange clothes on the trails.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you about killing the animals, but perhaps you should steer clear of the woods altogether for the moment until the hunting season is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yek, that stupid hunting. Find another hobby without corps. Be careful. Btw what a terrible ordeal in Texas and Houston with the hurricane and the floods. Glad you are in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember hiking out there in the Fall and seeing hunters...very scary. I hope you're enjoying the evening there. I'm watching the Cowboy game! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrible that you have to curtail your walking due to hunters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright orange would be ideal, if you can't curtail hiking in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if hunting is getting less popular Janey.. it seems as if the core group of hunters is getting smaller.. or maybe that's just wishful thinking ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really good idea that you have going on.
    หนังสงคราม

    ReplyDelete