Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Flowers

In the U.S. Each state has a state flower.
In Texas that flower is the Bluebonnet. My little four year old granddaughter, Hannah , was ask to paint a picture of our state flower by her preschool teacher.
If you are thinking her picture doesn't look a lot like a bluebonnet, well consider that
this is the way she usually sees Bluebonnets. ...a field of them blanketing the highway, and her little painting takes on a whole new look.
I like the way she has not only used blue, but specks of white.

Highways in Central Texas in the month of March are something to behold!

11 comments:

  1. She really did capture it well. My cousin just sent me pics of the bluebonnets. They are gorgeous this time of year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I think it's adorable. She did pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your granddaughter's interpretation of the Bluebonnets Janey, it appeals very much to my minimalist style at the moment ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise did several bluebonnet paintings. This painting gives you the "idea" of bluebonnets. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granddaughter is an artist! I love her painting. I sure would like to see a swath of flowers about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barb I hear that y'all got a lot of snow! Surely Spring is on it's way!

      Delete
  6. She ia a keen observer, very well painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah's art and the photo are both terrific. What a glorious field of flowers!

    ReplyDelete