Sunday, January 3, 2016

Lunch at Sundance

Yesterday I met all four of my sister's for lunch in downtown Ft. Worth's Sundance Square. We all live in what is called the Metroplex. The Metroplex is a term used to describe an area that combines Dallas and Ft. Worth (just 30 miles apart), and all of the small communities in between.
We are in age order here...I myself being the middle child. The mural behind us was painted by muralist Richard Haas in the 1980's. It pays homage to the cattle drives that put Ft. Worth on the map back in the late 1800's. Haas has murals all across the U.S and even Munich Germany. You may read more about this famous artist HERE

Another interesting read is about the square its self. Click on HERE Sundance Square was a 100 million dollar (recent) project, giving Ft. Worth a central plaza that didn't exist before 2013.Why the name Sundance?...well I will explain another day.

9 comments:

  1. Nice photo, you all look quite different, only the left and the right one look a bit simular, but that's probably because of the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT photo of all of you, and it speaks volumes about the relationships you have with one another. Perhaps a better caption would be "The beautiful belles!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous you are all near to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mural and also the fantastic relationship that you share with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janey, I'm a wee bit late but Happy New Year! Isn't it so nice doing things with your sisters, I always enjoy catching up with mine, I'm a middle sister also! Here's wishing you all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janey, I'm a wee bit late but Happy New Year! Isn't it so nice doing things with your sisters, I always enjoy catching up with mine, I'm a middle sister also! Here's wishing you all the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Janey,
    Lucky you for being all together and how wonderful for living within such a short distance from each other!
    Wishing all of you a very Happy and Healthy 2016!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pretty mom and all of her pretty sisters. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete