Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Book Club

I was a guest at my sister Polly's book club recently. I was excited because the book review was to be in a old restored home on stately Elizabeth Ave. (Ft. Worth).

The home was built exactly 100 yrs ago in 1913 for the widow of the developers attorney.
Lisa (current home owner) has lovingly restored a majority of the home and furnished it with American antiques. She said re-doing the kitchen is next on her list. I thought it was pretty nice as is!

The cheerful breakfast room was high on my list of favorite rooms.
So many of the original  architectural elements have been saved, including the stained glass windows.

There are several fireplaces in the home including one in the master bedroom.

I appreciated Lisa letting me take so many pictures of her lovely home.




4 comments:

  1. wow, that's pretty! i LOVE the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be exactly I'm looking
    for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Feel free to surf to my blog: digital scrapbook images free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, very lovely! Thanks for the virtual tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are becoming an expert in interior decoration! Lovely house to watch with all the original items.
    That Anonymous is a regular visitor to you, he even offers to be a guest writer ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete