Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Change

On previous posts, I have mentioned that I don't go to a shopping mall too often. Which is true,
but I was still sad to see this happening when I went to walk at our closest mall this week. A major department store is closing this location, and another anchor store is turning into strictly a clearance center. I know I alone have not caused this. It's just that times are a changing. The younger generation are mostly shopping online.
Do you find yourself shopping online more these days?

5 comments:

  1. The same is happening here too. A big departmentstore with many stores in the whole country has closed with 1000 people losing their jobs. I never buy anything online, I want to see and feel things before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a worldwide phenomenon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've seen stores like this close down as well, and malls can struggle with how to compensate for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many shopping malls are still viable here, but any stand empty. They see to be older ones, though. Ido not order much online; still enjoy shopping in a small, independent or small chain store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely, we shop on-line. Living in the mountains, there are no malls nearby. Also, I don't do well with throngs of people.

    ReplyDelete