Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Your Vote Counts

Don't worry I am not getting into politics on this blog..never have.. never will. I just wanted to let you know that the primary, here in Texas, was yesterday
We went to our polling station about 2pm, and there was a line of about thirty people. If you are disabled or over the age of 65 years old. You can fill out a form online, and you will be mailed a ballot. I guess they think we are too old to get out??? After all, it was a beautiful day, and sort of festive waiting in line. Everyone seems to have a strong opinion about this election, and I am sure some will be disappointed. The way I look at it is if you didn't vote.(especially in the November election)..you have no right to complain for the next four years.
It was a painless process and you even get a little sticker to show you voted!
May the Best Man (make that person) Win!

The general election in the U.S is not until November. A primary, which is held state by state, is the process of thinning out the candidates

6 comments:

  1. Glad you voted! Was watching the election results last night. We Iowans have already done our part; now it's fascinating to watch the choices the other states make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with posting something political as long as it doesn't get personal. I did that today and am proud of the turnout in my state of Minnesota. As an admirer of the suffragettes it baffles me that more women are not involved. The women who came before us suffered many hardships to give us the right to vote. Last night St Kate's college campus is in our backyard and a huge number of female students were at our caucus. I and many of them are delegate to our district convention in April. Yea, for young women and men who are involved in the process. These opportunities to vote are even more important than the November election since candidates are determined through these prior votes. Am I on a soap box? Yes, I value my right to participate and vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom held an elected twp. position for many years and poll days were always exciting. And being small town local, both parties made their loyalties known while mingling amicably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree
    a person has no reason to complain if they don't get out and vote

    We have had a few nice days here in February however March came in like a lion windy and cold and even snow south of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree that if you don't vote, you've forfeited your right to complain.

    Looking at the American system, with this endless cycle of primaries, I feel so grateful for our system. A campaign's done in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least people are willing to vote, that is always good to see, whatever they vote.

    ReplyDelete