Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cooking

Last night we had a few people over that are traveling with us to France next month. I cooked dinner and then we watched the movie Midnight In Paris. Several of us has seen it a few years ago. I don't think it is the greatest movie, but it has wonderful scenes of Paris.
I wanted to try a dish I had seen the recipe for on social media. By the way I didn't use any measurements here. I took a large amount of fresh spinach and reduced it in a non stick skillet
It doesn't take long for it to look like this...which is when I added a blob (how's that for a measurement), of 
Ricotta cheese. I used part skim to be a bit healthier.
It then looked like this. Okay, I can't cook and photograph at the same time. I will work on that.
I then filled the slits I had made in chicken breasts( don't forget to salt and pepper the chicken at this point), with the cheese coated spinach.
Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sprinkle with paprika.

At this point, you can cover them, and put them in the fridge to cook later. Meanwhile, you can go get beautiful while hubby cleans up the mess you've made.

When it was time to cook I put them in a 400 degree oven for 35 mins. Just long enough for everyone to enjoy a glass of wine around the fire pit. Oh, on top are trays of veggies I was roasting. I had tossed them with olive oil and sprinkled with spices. By putting the veggies in before the chicken ...they all came out at the same time....which is nice. I also like that all of the prep can be done ahead.

My sister Polly brought a wonderful salad


and Jamie brought the most delicious key lime pie I have ever tasted!
I forgot to take a picture of the chicken after it cooked...but it did come out looking great and I think everyone enjoyed it. 
Fun evening....and yes the rest of that pie is now in my fridge.


10 comments:

  1. The meal sounds delicious, and that pie would suit me nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the sound of that chicken dish, definitely my kind of food. With regard to the Camino walk we have spoken about it but it is a popular walk and we wondered whether it might be a bit too busy. We haven't completely discarded it though but I doubt we would have the time to complete the full 6ookm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the sound of that chicken dish, definitely my kind of food. With regard to the Camino walk we have spoken about it but it is a popular walk and we wondered whether it might be a bit too busy. We haven't completely discarded it though but I doubt we would have the time to complete the full 6ookm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trade you some pickles for some of that pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so easy when you cook something nice. I always get stress when someone is coming for diner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken recipe looks delish Janey, I would love to try it.. Can you tell me what oven temp and how long?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken recipe looks delish Janey, I would love to try it.. Can you tell me what oven temp and how long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info Janey, hope it turns out as well as yours did :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info Janey, hope it turns out as well as yours did :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful menu which I am sure was delicious. Timing is important when cooking, and often that is what presents some difficulty for me.

    ReplyDelete