Monday, March 7, 2016

My Love Affair with France

No! That did not say "My love affair in France"!!
I know this photo is poor quality, but it is of me and my first of many trips to Paris. I, of course am the girl in the green checked dress. I was visiting my aunt and uncle, who were stationed with the U.S. Air force in Germany . It was 1967, and I was about to turn 21 yrs old. I purchased a military and  dependents bus tour from Germany to Paris. These were folks on the tour. I can't tell you how exciting it was for a gal from a small Texas town to be spending her 21st birthday in Paris! It will be forever my favorite place on earth.
On the way back to Germany after five exciting days. we stopped in Rhiems France to tour a winery. I have no idea what was going on here???
I do still have the receipt. Four nights, five days Paris, triple room (and my roommates WERE WOMEN), bus to and fro, two meals a day.. $41.00 USD. I am serious...can you believe it!!? Our upcoming trip is going to be a bit more.

6 comments:

  1. What fun to see these photos! What a thrill to be in Paris, at any age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janey, also going back to memory lane? It is so fun to see the old pictures and see how we were dressed like adults at those days. Your were very much admired by the men I see, also by the French?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd certainly like to see France for myself someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. $41.00!!! No way Janey! Well even though it's going to be substantially more than that this time it will be worth every dollar.. j'adore Paris also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    WOW, you hit the jackpot with a trip like that! I was several years older when my late husband and I took Mom & Dad along for a day-trip by car to Paris on July 19, 1977. I was 26... But it never leaves your memories and we have been there a few times, guess with Mom & Dad was my 2nd trip.
    Love your cute photos, you were a beautiful girl and still are!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That sounds like quite the deal for a trip! Enjoyed the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete