Monday, May 21, 2012

Back Tracking


Oops! I was going to tell you about the second half of the excursion to the cuckoo clock shop!
With a name like Schwarzwalden Freilichtmuseum Vogtsbauernhof (Black Forest Open Air Museum) is it any wonder I forgot!? What a neat place ! It's an educational look back into farm life in the 16th through 18th centuries, showcasing  several homes (with animals and people sharing the same thatched roof) and other structures that would make up a farm village.


Local craftsmen, in period outfits, were demonstrating such things as weaving, cooking and gardening.

and real life farm animals that seemed eager to meet you! Problem is our visit was too short!. I vote to scratch the Cuckoo Shop a spend more time here!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun. This looks like a getaway that I WOULD LOVE, with live animals to pet!!!

    Dearest, I will add you to my list of PARIS party participants! WOW say that a couple of times fast!!! THANK YOU! MERCI BEAUCOUP! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those open air museums. You get a nice view in the past how people lived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhhh....I got your comment about not being able to participate? Well, all you would have to do is to post a PARISIAN themed post. I do all the linking! But I will take you off the list. If you change your mind, just let me know!!! THANK YOU! Anita

    ReplyDelete