Friday, May 11, 2012

Come and Float The Rhine With Me

                              

I don't know about you but I like river cruises .. For one thing the size of the ship. Pictured above is Avalon's ship the Felicity which holds just one hundred and thirty eight passengers. Our group of friends, traveling with us, made up forty two of them! I also like that they usually dock right in the center of a town, making it effortless to walk off and have a look.  We are about to head north on the Rhine River from Basel Switzerland stopping briefly in France, several ports in Germany and ending up in the Netherlands, where The Rhine flows into the North sea. Which actually was my first surprise. I am use to rivers in the U.S.  flowing from North to South. So, since we were headed north , I kept saying we were going " up river".....when in reality we were going down river..The Rhine flowing north.. Come back tomorrow and I will share some of the beautiful sights along the way. The sunshine following us as if we were delivering Spring!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love your last comment, both poetic and positive. River cruises are the best...I agree with you for all the comments you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it is nice to walk right into the cities from the boat. I didn't know you could sleep on these boats. I had heard about Rhine cruises from the Netherlands, but not from Switzerland all the way to Holland. Maybe we will try this once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to make a trip like this... sounds fabulous! I like your new profile photo, too!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete