Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Town

For those of you who weren't with me last year. I guess I should explain. Tom and I live for five months out of the year in the Colorado mountains...where the summers are fun...and a whole lot cooler. (than Texas).


Our log cabin is in the tiny town of Lake City, which was a booming mining town in the late 1800's, but only has about 400 year round residents in 2013.

Welcome to downtown. I promise it will soon get a whole lot livelier! There are no traffic lights in our town ,and no franchise businesses, but a whole lot of fun things to do. .

Tom and I walked this morning along Henson Creek.  There are a couple of miles of groomed walking trails there and also along the river that runs through town.


We have Colorado's second largest natural lake. Lake San Cristobal.... Say hello to my friend Robin (owner of the Northface Lodge) and her new puppy Dillon. I hope to show you a lot more of our area, over the summer...give you a peek at  our wildlife and introduce you to some of our locals.

If you are wondering why our sign says a peak experience...well, we have not one but five 14,000 foot mountain peaks in the area. Lake City...is it the best kept secret in the state of Colorado!

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Thanks for the introduction to Lake City ~ I am looking forward to hearing more about it and meeting some of the locals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No traffic lights and no franchises and I bet no 'artificial inlets' haha! I can certainly see the appeal up here in your five monthly home Janey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a paradise place to spent the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your city on a road atlas. It really is pretty close to northern New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete