Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Dancers

One of my sisters saw a video, on the Internet, about a young guy walking down the street in New York City. Apparently, he saw another guy dancing down the street.....which I guess could be common in NYC? So, my sister decided it would be a fun way to exercise.....and the  Don't Walk Dance Girls of Ft. Worth were born.
They go downtown to Sundance Square on Saturdays, and dance through the streets to music (on their iPods and phones). Word is they have a ball, with people joining  in (even policemen,etc.) I was invited to join them.....but I don't like to attract attention myself....Just my nature. I think they are having a ball, and at the same time getting exercise. Dance on girls!

Sister Polly in the red and Dot in the pink sneakers...

7 comments:

  1. Come on Janey. I am joining them in February so you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janey,

    What fun!

    How can you resist joining in? Put on those dark glasses and dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so CUTE!!! i'd be shimmying right along with 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you need to dance, Janey! Throw your cares to the wind and move those hips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine you don't want to dance in the street, I wouldn't either. I would feel silly and rather uncomfortable. Keep just hiking and walking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun idea! I usually feel like dancing to music with a good beat, but I don't know if I'd have the nerve to dance on a street!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy people who are light of heart.

    ReplyDelete