Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Mah Jong Luncheon

I know, Valentines Day has come and gone, but I simply must share pictures of a Valentines Luncheon
Meet Leslie. I have featured one of Leslie's parties before, I think it was Halloween a couple of years ago.
Anyway, Leslie use to live in Ft. Worth next door to one of my sisters. She has since moved to Houston , but she and my sister have remained dear friends. On Valentines, Leslie hosted a luncheon for her Mah Jong Club.
I feel sure they were dazzled as soon as they walked in the door and spied this lavishly decorated mantle.
or maybe it was when they saw the table settings in the dining room. Where they would dine on an exquisite lunch , all prepared by Leslie,
as were each and every dessert item
Which consisted of homemade cookies, chocolates, and cake

I especially liked this design


I am told that even the gold leaves on the cake were edible!
.and what are these you say?
Why cup hanging cookies of course!

Makes me wish that Leslie still lived in town so I could learn to play Mah Jong!


7 comments:

  1. Only in my dreams! Everything looks perfect. (And perfectly delicious...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hate to be in that Mah Jong club as I would hate to have to reciprocate! Wow she must have spent so long preparing and baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks divine and those cup hanging cookies are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous spread Janey, everything looks so delicious. Leslie did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, looks like she is ruling a restaurant. Did she all made that herself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food and decorations are really quite remarkable!!

    ReplyDelete