Monday, February 8, 2016

What Was I Thinking?

I am forever snipping recipes from magazines, and saving many that  I see on the computer. Why....because I  like to cook, try things new things...and eat good food.
This one appealed to me since I liked a lot of the ingredients: Shrimp, crab meat, bacon, spinach, rice and cheese. I will stop here since I don't want to have to list all eighteen ingredients!
Oh my goodness I used a colander, four cutting boards, four pans and not to mention several measuring cups and a load of utensils!
My hubby kept saying" this is delicious", and had three helpings. I thanked him and said, "enjoy it...I am not ever be cooking this again". Thankfully he did the dishes.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my that is a lot of pans and dishes.. does sound like it was worth it though Janey. My hubby and I have a deal, I cook.. because I love to cook also and he washes up, seems only fair right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of work! It's the seafood aspect of it that I wouldn't go for though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious and it must have been since your husband gave you accolades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, but I'm with you when there are many steps and lots of dirty dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Janey,
    Oh yes, I've vowed the very same for never ever making a certain dish. It was like a punishment for finally achieving something very yummy!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be a lot of work, but when hubby liked it so much it must have been worth all the cooking work. Did you like yourself the meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like it, but with all of the work, I thought I would LOVE it.

      Delete
  7. This is what my kitchen looks like EVERY time I cook.

    ReplyDelete