Friday, February 12, 2016

The Mysterious Rainbow

I walked into the entry hall of our home yesterday morning.....and stopped in my tracks.
What in the world is a rainbow doing in the sky in my bluebonnet painting?
 

The painting, done by my late cousin Eloise, usually looks like this. It is a wild flower scene of a  field of our state flower the bluebonnet, and she didn't paint a rainbow or a colorful sunset in the middle of it!
 I also spotted this on the wall beside the painting
After a bit of detective work, I realized the the sun from an east window in the dinning room, was bouncing off of some botanical prints on an opposite wall.... that have mirrored frames.Then reflecting into the entry hall. Mystery solved :)
I wonder, if over time, that brief reflection onto the painting could damage it.? Maybe I should close that shutter in the morning.?

7 comments:

  1. It might indeed be sensible to either move the painting or close the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is neat! Lovely painting--with or without the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat! And Eloise's painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when you come upon unexpected surprises like this Janey, if the painting is under glass it might be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when you come upon unexpected surprises like this Janey, if the painting is under glass it might be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a mysterious story! It can be dangerous for the painting I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Janey,
    Oh, what a beautiful painting Eloise did and you sure be careful with it. In most Musea you are not even allowed to use your flash... so it is all about the damage from light; any light.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete