Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Techie Grandma

Bet you didn't think you would hear from me; with me baby sitting and all! Hannah's Mom left for North Texas for a two day meeting yesterday....but before leaving, had to give me instructions on how to operate the baby monitor. My  things have changed! Hannah shares her bed with a t.v. monitor....then I can watch her on a little screen all night!...I still didn't trust it, and wore a path in the hallway to her room!

I was also given instructions of how to turn on the ipod with "white noise"....but I relied  on old skills and just rocked her to sleep while singing. My first child's pediatrician told me to sing her to sleep. I exclaimed, " but I can't sing" to which he replied "the cowboys couldn't either... but they still sang the cows to sleep."

8 comments:

  1. Hello:
    We should, in truth, find all of this very alarming. But then we have absolutely no experience with babies. But how times have changed since we were young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctor's these days swear by white noise to keep kids asleep. Babies are used to a loud womb! Thanks for keeping her JJ! I'm sure she enjoyed her time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! had no idea baby monitors had visual screens nowadays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby care is changing very quickly! All those technics we didn't have and we raised our children didn't we? Just keep singing and rocking and use your (grand)mother instincts and just watch the baby so now and than instead looking at a monitor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would vote for the human touch of a loving grandmother over any other technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time with sweet precious Hannah. I'm reading Bringing Up Bébé right now. Fascinating.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a tv monitor..that's amazing, I would have been just the same as you, up and down a fair bit..but somehow that seems a bit more normal. Enjoy your precious time with Hannah, I bet she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete